Monday 26 August 2013

VMA 2013

So, VMA 2013 happened last night. Besides the highlights of the awards: two comebacks: NSYNC and Lady Gaga (ermm, ok), a very awkward and disturbing performance by Miley Cyrus (I'm talking about the "We can't stop" single and the featuring with Robin Thicke for "Blurred lines") and the "Shut the f**k up" moment from America's sweetheart, Taylor Swift, during One Direction's award presentation. Oh, I almost forgot Lady Gaga's g-string appearance (lol, what??).

Wow, now that's what I call a music event! But one is never complete without a Best and Worst dressed, am I right? So who nailed it and who lost it? I'm not even going to mention Miley's performance disaster outfit and the g-string incident.


Selena Gomez were a flattering blue dress from Atelier Versace. It's a yes for the former Disney idol.



Taylor Swift rocked a new hairstyle in a Herve Leger  bondage dress. Except for her dirty mouth, it's a yes for the country singer.


Not sure what Rita Ora was trying to pull here, but she looks rather featherly and less glamorous.


Ciara looked bodacious in the Givency dressed. I have to give it to her this time.



Ellie Goulding wearing Brian Atwood pumps and a studded dress. Rock-ish and I like it.

There's so many wrong things about Miley's outfit...I'll only say this: it's Dolce & Gabanna.


Another disaster comes from Katy Perry. Besides the dress, I might add the strappy sandals are not for her.


That was a very surprising outfit coming from Rihanna. She dressed down for this event, wearing jeans from her new River Island collection and a ripped t-shirt. Cool.

It's "Mr. 2 Chainz" showing everything that's wrong with today's hip-hop.
Just another typical outfit from Lil' Kim.
Coco Rocha in Fausto Puglisi. Love it!
Model Joan Smalls rocked a white sport dress with long gladiator sandals. So simple and so effective!
The One Direction boys looked rather fit holding their moonman for Best Summer Song.

So that's pretty much it. I wonder what will happen next year...

5 comments:

  1. Selena Gomez was beyond stunning ! I LOVED her dress, she looked so beautiful. Also, Ciara and Coco Rocha had very impressive outfits. I liked Rihanna and One Direction as well, simple and cool !
    On the other hand, i have to say that Miley Cyrus was AWFUL !!! I don't like the way she dresses and her attitute, AT ALL !! Well, Lil Kim was stoned to death, so there's no need to leave my comments on anything else..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Miley was stoned too. She was a disgrace, honestly and a fashion disaster. I am still shocked.

      Delete
    2. What the heck is wrong with her???
      Dolce & Gabanna must really hate her...

      Delete
    3. Hahaha, maybe they were drunk when they did that? lol

      Delete